Saturday, April 19, 2008

#3 - Full Circle Cabernet

I walked into Whole Foods to get some of the amazing honey roasted peanut butter that you can grind yourself. I normally do not purchase wine at Whole Foods because they have the nerve to charge $3 extra a bottle for some of the same brands I can get at my local grocery store. (I give them credit for having some tasty organic wines that I cannot get anywhere else.) But as soon as I walked through the sliding doors into the foyer of sales promotions, I was greeted with hundreds of bottles of wine.

The brand was Full Circle, and the price was $7.99. That's a little more than I normally pay, but the bright neon caps on the bottles were just so appealing! I picked out the Cabernet and the Merlot.

I cracked open the Cabernet that night. To quote my housemate, it was.... red. It was the most standard bottle of Cabernet that I might have ever sipped - nothing exciting, nothing alluring, but nothing offensive, either. It had that very slight peppery zest that many Cabernets seem to have, but without being showy. This is the wine that you give to friends who don't have a palette. This is the wine that you can serve to hundreds of people and have nary a complaint. Nobody is going to gush over this stuff, but it gets the job done.

No comments: